Owensboro, Ky Climate & Temperature
- Owensboro, Ky, Usa is at 37°43'N, 87°9'W, 127 m (417 ft). See map.
- Owensboro, Ky has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Owensboro, Ky is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 13.8 degrees Celsius (56.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.4 °C (45.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 7°C (44.5°F) on average falling to -3.3°C (26.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 20.3°C (68.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 7.6°C (45.7°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 31.1°C (87.9°F) and average low temperatures are 18.1°C (64.6°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 21.5°C (70.7°F) during the day and lows of 8.4°C (47.1°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1184.8 mm (46.6 inches) which is equivalent to 1184.8 Litres/m² (29.06 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Owensboro, Ky you would come out nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Owensboro, Ky, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: